(2021 Spring Semester Hours Begin February 18)
The fitness center and pool are open subject to enhanced health and safety protocols mandated by state and local authorities. All other spaces in the Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center (e.g., Gantcher Center, Cousens Gym, Chase Gym, Squash Center) will be closed to general recreational use.
For health and safety reasons, access will be limited to students attending “in person” and faculty and staff who are part of the COVID testing protocol. Upon entering the facility, all users will be required to show a current Tufts ID and proof of compliance (via the Tufts Mobile app) with daily health status and COVID testing requirements.
Hours of Operation:
- Monay - Friday: 7 am to 9:45 pm
- Saturday: 8 am to 7:45 pm
- Sunday: 8 am to 9:45 pm
- Click HERE for the Hamilton Pool hours of operation
Masks must be worn at all times.
Reservations will be required to use the fitness center and pool and can be made a week in advance.
- Due to reduced capacity, each person will be limited to one reservation per day and no more than three reservations in the system at one time.
- All reservations in the fitness center will start on the hour and last approximately 40 minutes (e.g., 10:00 am – 10:40 am). This will allow for deep cleaning of the equipment between each session. Pool reservations will be for varying lengths of time.
- Reservations will be for a specific piece of equipment or a specific lane in the pool.
- Available equipment includes treadmills, upright and recumbent bikes, ellipticals, arc trainers, stretch/ab mats, one stair master, dual pulley cable machine, hammer racks and bench. Please note that dumbbells, rollers, ropes, bands, and belts will be not be available.
Cleaning & Disinfecting:
Each piece of equipment in the fitness center will be cleaned before and after each use. The Tufts custodial staff will also disinfect the fitness center multiple times a day. Each user will be able to wipe down their equipment using individual spray bottles. Hand sanitizer will be available for individual use.
Locker Rooms & Showers:
The general locker room will be available for changing and securing personal belongings, but please note that the showers will be closed.
Fitness center users are encouraged to bring their own water for hydration, as the water fountains/bubblers will not be accessible.
To make a reservation, please use the following link – https://www.gotuftsjumbos.com/
Watch a video with updated information on the Fitness Center for the 2020-21 Academic Year ..