TENNIS FINAL SCORE
Trinity 8, Tufts 1
At Hartford, CT
Thursday, April 22, 2010
1. Spencer Feldman/Anson McCook (Tr) def. Jake Fountain/Kai Victoria (Tu) 8-5
2. Rich Bonfiglio/Dan Couzens (Tr) def. Ben Barad/Andrew Lutz (Tu) 8-3
3. Charles McConnell/David Dessau (Tr) def. Sam Laber/Morrie Bossen (Tu) 8-3
1. McCook (Tr) def. Fountain (Tu) 6-3, 6-1
2. Bonfiglio (Tr) def. Victoria (Tu) 6-1, 6-1
3. Couzens (Tr) def. Andrew Rosen (Tu) 6-3, 2-6, (11-9)
4. McConnell (Tr) def. Laber (Tu) 7-5, 6-4
5. Adam Lanza (Tr) def. Barad (Tu) 6-3, 6-3
6. Lutz (Tu) def. Ian Malakoff (Tr) 7-5, 3-6, (10-8)
|Freshman Andrew Lutz earned the only Tufts win
in sixth singles
HARTFORD -- The Tufts University men's tennis team was defeated 8-1 in a NESCAC match at Trinity College on Thursday afternoon. The Jumbos have dropped two in a row in NESCAC playing, falling to 2-4 in the league and 6-7 overall. The Bantams are now 11-3 overall and 3-2 in NESCAC.
Trinity won all three doubles matches. The closest competition was in the #1 match, where Bantams Spencer Feldman and Anson McCook were 8-5 winners over Tufts junior Jake Fountain (Nassau, Bahamas) and sophomore Kai Victoria (Miami, FL).
Singles was equally tilted in Trinity's favor. They had straight-set wins in the #1, #2, #4, and #5 matches. The victory had already been clinched when the #3 and #6 matches went to super tie-breakers to reach a decision. Tufts freshman Andrew Lutz (Baltimore, MD) captured the team's only victory in the sixth match, winning the first game 7-5, losing 6-3, and then taking the tie-break 10-8.
Tufts is off until next Friday (Apr. 30) when they host Colby for the home finale. Trinity is hosting Amherst College on Friday.