TENNIS FINAL SCORE
Williams 9, Tufts 0
At Williamstown, MA
Saturday, April 17, 2010
1. Nick Lebedoff/Dicken Chaplin (W) def. Kai Victoria/Jake Fountain (T) 8-4
2. Bryan Chow/Will Petrie (W) def. Ben Barad/Andrew Lutz (T) 8-5
3. Trey Meyer/Felix Sun (W) def. Sam Laber/Morrie Bossen (T) 8-4
1. Lebedoff (W) def. Fountain (T) 6-1, 6-3
2. Sun (W) def. Rosen (T) 6-0, 6-0
3. Jeremy Weinberger (W) def. Victoria (T) 6-3, 1-6, 10-6
4. Petrie (W) def. Laber (T) 6-1, 6-1
5. Kevin Shallcross (W) def. Barad (T) 6-2, 7-5
6. Zach Weiss (W) def. Lutz (T) 6-3, 6-3
|Sophomore Kai Victoria lost a closely contested
match at #3 singles
WILLIAMSTOWN -- The Tufts University men's tennis team's two-match winning streak came to and end on Saturday with a 9-0 loss at 12th ranked Williams College. The host Ephs move to 4-3 on the season, and have won four straight matches since dropping their first three contests. Tufts drops to 5-6 overall, and 2-3 in the NESCAC.
The Jumbos were competitive in the three doubles matches. The #2 pair of freshmen Ben Barad (San Rafael, CA) and Andrew Lutz (Baltimore, MD) lost by an 8-5 score. The other two matches went to Williams by 8-4 scores.
Williams dominated singles play for the most part. In the #3 match, Tufts sophomore Kai Victoria (Miami, FL) won the second set 6-1 against Jeremy Weinberger. However, the team score was decided and they played a third-set super tie-breaker that Weinberger won 10-6. Barad was close in a 7-5 second-set loss in #5 singles.
Tufts returns home to play a non-league match against Wheaton College on Tuesday. Williams will host archrival #8 Amherst tomorrow at 1:00 pm.